svn commit: r324822 - head/sys/modules/dtb/allwinner [removal of sinovoip-bpi-m3.dts from sys/modules/dtb/allwinner/Makefile DTS list]

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Sat Oct 21 18:44:01 UTC 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 11:26:57 -0700
Mark Millard <markmi at dsl-only.net> wrote:

> On 2017-Oct-21, at 10:58 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> >> Does this effectively mean dropping of support? Is
> >> sysutils/u-boot-sinovoip-bpi-m3 now defunct and to
> >> be removed at some point?
> >
> > It means that A83T won't have any more commits from me (and in fact it
> > never had), but if someone want to update our clock drivers to handle
> > it I can help.
> > For the ports, as long as it compile I won't remove it.
>
> If I understand the current status correctly, the
> recent changes to use upstream DTS materials took
> the BPI-M3 from having, e.g., USB working to USB
> not working. -r323641 removed AWUSBPHY_TYPE_A83T
> from enum awusbphy_type because of what was missing
> from upstream DTS materials and such.

 Uses of upstream DTS is active since ~2 years ago.
 I think I removed support for USB on A83T because I couldn't test, but
maybe the code just work and adding the compatible string again might
do it. Feel free to send a patch on phabricator if it does.

> That is not a request: I'm just trying to be
> explicit about the overall status for reference
> for anyone else that was using BPI-M3's with
> FreeBSD. Feel free to correct or add to what
> I've reported if it is wrong/incomplete.
>

> Side note for Pine64+ 2GB status:
>
> By contrast Pine64+ 2GB's again support EHCI,
> at least on the lower USB port. (I've not tried
> the upper one.) My historical Pine64+ 2GB FreeBSD
> configuration works again as it used to: It is
> running -r324743 currently. Thanks Emmanuel.

 For the upper port we need a musb driver as it is binded to the OTG
port (or patch the DTS but this will be wrong as in an hardware point
of view the upper usb port is tied to the OTG port, not a standard usb
one).
 Otherwise, glad to know that everything is working again for you on
Pine64.

 Cheers,

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> <manu at freebsd.org>