armv7, building p7zip and -fPIC

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Sun Oct 8 16:07:17 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-10-08 at 00:38 -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 04:45:41PM -0600, Ian Lepore wrote:
> >
> > Not necessarily. There probably aren't too many people building ports
> > for arm (v4/v5)
> Well, I had been told that the string "arm" had no meaning, so had
> been ripping them out of ports.
>
> So now I need to undo a great deal of work.
>
> mcl

I suspect that if any ${ARCH} == "arm" type stuff exists in ports it
may need evaluation to see if the intent, and thus the fix, was really
somthing like ${ARCH:Marm*}.

I suspect there are relatively few occurances of bare "arm" that don't
really need to apply to all arm arches, except in places where the
other arm arches are also handled nearby.

-- Ian