FreeBSD 11 on Banana-Pi M3 A83t

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 06:44:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 1:06 PM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:
> On 2017-10-02 08:25, Nomad Esst wrote:
>>
>> Hello Emmanuel
>> Thanks for your previous answers. I was trying to update the u-boot,
>> but I couldn't do the job. As you said
>>
>> "You could try updating u-boot to use the u-boot-master port (which
>> currently track the 2017.07 version of U-Boot)."
>>
>> Please tell me how can I do this job? How can I update u-boot.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>

>  Just take some Allwinner ports makefile (like u-boot-bananapi) and change
> BOARD_CONFIG to match the config file in u-boot.

So after a TON of digging that seemed unnecessary, I found that our
u-boot has support for that board. Mainline u-boot has had some form
of support since Jan 2016. If you change the Makefile in
u-boot-bananapim2 to have

BOARD_CONFIG=    Sinovoip_BPI_M3_defconfig

and then run make it should build the right support.

HTH,

Russ