OpenOffice for FreeBSD ARM: any taker?

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jan 31 15:54:55 UTC 2017

Hello;

Recently a volunteer had success in bringing FreeBSD PPC support to
Apache OpenOffice. There is some interest in maintaining better support
for FreeBSD and AOO has support for ARM32. It appears openjdk works too
so I gave a  try on copying the internal necessary code from the
linux/gcc port and provide the start of a FreeBSD arm32 port (aarch64 is
not available, sorry).

It is likely to take quite a long time to build and I suspect there may
be some effort required to build the "bridges" code with arm-clang as
well. It is completely untested but, as of today, the
editors/openoffice-devel (upstream r1780246)port should be in good shape
to get a real port started, should any volunteer wish to step in and
finish it.

Of course, I would be glad to help upstream changes as required: I just
don't have an ARM platform but I am sure it would be nice to have
OpenOffice on it ;).

Regards,

Pedro.