=mcpu=cortex-a7 buildlworld (for example) vs. __aeabi_uidiv use in ports from pkg

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Thu Jan 26 10:10:15 UTC 2017

If I buildworld buildkernel for arm.armv6 with the likes of:

CFLAGS+= =mcpu=cortex-a7
CXXFLAGS+= =mcpu=cortex-a7
CPPFLAGS+= =mcpu=cortex-a7

(say for targeting a bpim3 or rpi2) then what package
installs for that context tends to report:

Undefined symbol "__aeabi_uidiv"

In other words __aeabi_uidiv is only implemented
for armv6 buildworld, not if one explicitly targets
armv7. (armv7 has instruction support but that does
not make software built to support other processor
variants that are without instruction support also
work unless the routine is still provided.)

Note: I normally build ports from source anyway
so this is just an FYI in case the lack of
__aeabi_uidiv was not deliberate.

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net