Durable/serious arm hardware ?

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 18:57:27 UTC 2017

Sorry about the top post, my computer is in a box.

Have you looked at the products from Netgate?‎ They are the sponsor for PFSense and Jim Thompson is somewhat regular on this list. They have new product based on an arm board, but also have some nice SOHO stuff based on low power x86 boards. ‎

As Ian pointed out there are dozens of manufacturers and many SOMs/SBC are not for consumers, but you need to be able to specify the hardware you want and order in bulk. Many have dev boards but good luck getting complete hardware support without some effort.

That said,  I've had good luck with my solid run hummingboard (dev base board) and their SOM but there is much unsupported hardware still. They used to sell a case for it too.

If this is for work, Netgate may be your best option because it will come with a warranty and all the rest.

Russ

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Virgin Mobile network.