Orange Pi One: Build image with crochet

aggaz aggaz at paranoici.org
Sat Jan 14 21:42:33 UTC 2017

Hello list,

I would like to build an image for Orange Pi One (OPi1) using crochet tool.
Crochet supports and has already config files for Orange Pi Plus 2 (OPi+2).
Both OPi+2 and OPi1 share the same SoC (H3).

So, in my understanding, the configuration for OPi+2 should work for
OPi1 too... Am I right?
Should I check something else before starting the build?

I am confused by the fact that there is a U-boot port for OPi1 in the
ports tree, but there is not one for OPi+2. At the same time crochet
offers a configuration for OPi+2 but not for OPi1.

So, basically I was thinking to take U-boot for OPi1 from ports, and use
it with crochet config for OPi+2.

Does it make sense to you?
Am I missing something here?

I am new with arm image building and u-boot configuration, and I am
having an hard time trying to understand it, so, sorry if I am missing
something obvious.

A related question, do you know how much free space is required to build
a minimal image with crochet?
I only have 5Gb free...

Best
aggaz