Orange Pi Uno: Status and usability

aggaz aggaz at paranoici.org
Fri Jan 13 16:23:18 UTC 2017

Dear list,

I saw that there is support for Orange Pi One [1] regarding U-boot [2]
and that it should be possible to compile an image for this board using
crochet [3].

I am considering buying this board with the sole purpose to install
FreeBSD on it.

I am writing here to know previous experiences that some of you could
had with this board in particular.

I would gladly accept any suggestions about why I should buy/not buy it.

Moreover, I am planning to use FreeBSD-RELEASE v11 to build the image.
If there are known issues with this particular FreeBSD version please
let me know.

Finally, I am interested also in experiences or opinions about other
boards from Orange Pi, in particular Orange Pi Zero [4].
In my understanding this one uses an H2 SoC, so I suppose it can not run
FreeBSD at the moment, am I right?

Best regards
aggaz

[1] http://www.orangepi.org/orangepione/