updating armv6 snapshots

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:03:00 UTC 2017

Hi Paul,
On 11 January 2017 at 11:03, Paul Mather <paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu> wrote:
> Under d), I cross-build my FreeBSD/arm world and kernels on a fast FreeBSD/amd64 system and then use the "packaged base" feature of FreeBSD 11+ to make OS packages.  I then update my FreeBSD/arm systems via "pkg upgrade" which pulls from this repository on the FreeBSD/amd64 machine.
>
> This has appeared to work fine so far since I started doing it.  See this posting to freebsd-arm for details: https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2016-July/014444.html
>
> I think this approach should get more solid as the PkgBase effort gets closer to official roll out.

Another great solution that I think should also be added to the wiki.
Unfortunately, I don't have a amd64 to use for this. I suppose I could
use digital ocean and cross build on there and pkg will fetch that.

For the host OS, do you need to have what you're cross building for?
IOW, can I install 11-release and cross build 12-current? Glossing
over your link and https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/crossbuild it
doesn't seem that a requirement.

--
-------