config.txt on rpi3 and freebsd-12

Oleksandr Tymoshenko gonzo at bluezbox.com
Wed Jan 11 02:31:12 UTC 2017

tech-lists (tech-lists at zyxst.net) wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I'd like to do the following:
>
> [1] clock the speed on my rpi3 / turbo mode. Right now it just used
> powerd. Am I getting turbo with powerd? dmesg suggests not.
>
> [2] use a mpeg4 key which I bought for this board from the rpi site.
>
> I know how to do this in a rpi3 supported linux. My questions are:
>
> [a] does /efi/config.txt have the same functionality on freebsd-12 as it
> does on linux?

Yes, config.txt is handled by VideoCore firmware, so it's OS-independent

> [b] Can I expect the mpeg4 key to work?

On rpi2 it should work, although I have never tried. On rpi3 it's
not going to work because VCHI driver does not work there at the
moment. There are several places in the code that assume size of
pointer is equal to 32 bit with is not true for ARM64. So it will
require some effort to get it right. It's on my TODO list and
there is some progress but I can't provide any certain timeframe.

--
gonzo