Pkg after warns about needing upgrade

Carl Johnson carlj at peak.org
Sun Jan 8 17:00:19 UTC 2017

Pkg now *always* complains that a major upgrade has taken place and that
pkg needs to have a forced upgrade.  I have done exactly as it
recommends and it still complains.  This problem started with pkg-1.8.8,
but I just upgraded it to pkg-1.9.4_1 and the problem persists.  This
system is a RPi-2 running FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1, but my RPi-B+ also is
the same.  Is there something I have missed, or is there something I can
do to work around this problem?

I also noticed that the pkg repository shows a latest branch that hasn't
been upgraded since June 30, 2015, but the quarterly branch seems to be
regularly updated.

I am already subscribed to this mail list, so no need to cc me.  Thanks
for any suggestion.
Carl Johnson		carlj at peak.org