Serial Cable for booting FreeBSD on the BeagleBone Black

Dr. Rolf Jansen rj at obsigna.com
Fri Jan 6 03:48:14 UTC 2017

Many thanks to everybody, who replied to my message.

In the meantime, my BBBlack arrived. I could not find the Adafruit cable here in Brazil and so I ordered this FTDI to USB converter.

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-775084107-modulo-conversor-usb-serial-ft232rl-ttl-ftdi232-arduino-_JM <http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-775084107-modulo-conversor-usb-serial-ft232rl-ttl-ftdi232-arduino-_JM>

Its six pins are in the same order as on the BBBlack and I used the USB cable that came with the BBB for connecting the converter and 3 short patch cables for connecting it to the BBBlack. It is working very well.

Best regards

Rolf