Finally bringing FreeBSD to Parallella

Thomas Skibo thomasskibo at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 2 18:12:24 UTC 2017

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 6:52 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hiya,
>
> I'd love to get the parallela I have working on freebsd-head, enough
> to start poking at porting their SDK.
>
> Would anyone accept donations of the monetary variety to get the DTS
> and bootloader bits from Thomas updated and ready to land in -HEAD?
> (or, Thomas, would you be interested? :)
>

> -a

I found the instructions I wrote a while ago on booting FreeBSD on Parallella and put it back on my site: http://www.skibo.net/zedbsd/#parallella .  It explains how to modify the Zedboard SD card image and boot it on Parallella.  I updated the .dtb file in the tarball because the old one isn’t compatible with 11-release.  It would help if somebody could give this a whirl and give me feedback.

I can’t seem to find the changes to u-boot I made to create the uImage file but I should be able to recreate it.  I think it was just a matter of recompiling u-boot with the CONFIG_API option and changing the default boot commands so it boots ubldr.

—Thomas