Crochet for RPI3 fails in tblgen

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Fri Dec 29 01:16:26 UTC 2017

On 2017-Dec-28, at 2:42 PM, Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:

> Running 12-CURRENT on?
>
> The problem appears to be the initial bootstrap of the tools on an
> 11.1-STABLE box (I'm running FreeBSD 11.1-STABLE #20 r324056M on the
> build box)
. . .
> The bootstrapping of the cross tools is failing, and it appears
> llvm-tblgen (which I assume is being run off the 11.1-STABLE llvm 4.0.0
> codebase, since this is a crossbuild) is where the blowup is happening
> -- it's segfaulting, to be specific.

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-stable-11/2017-September/004674.html

shows that -r324023 of https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/stable/11/
was the check-in of clang 5.0.0 into stable/11/

QUOTE
Author: dim
Date: Tue Sep 26 19:56:36 2017
New Revision: 324023

Log:
  Merge clang, llvm, lld, lldb, compiler-rt and libc++ 5.0.0 release.
. . .
END QUOTE

So, the system-clang should be 5.0.0 on -r324056 .

If the system compiler/toolchain is used then the 4.0.0
or 4.0.1 should not be involved.

If a devel/llvm* port is used then which is used likely needs
to be confirmed. This would get into use of xtoolchain ports,
or I would expect.

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net