firefox-esr on armv6/7

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Mon Dec 18 19:31:56 UTC 2017

Hi Mikael,

To my bafflement, trying firefox again today was successful. I didn't
make any changes (that I know of) so it's unclear what happened. The
only explicit change was to try firefox more than once. There was a
power outage the morning of the 16th which forced a restart of my DSL
modem, perhaps there was some obscure issue unique to firefox that the
power cycling resolved.

In any case, firefox-esr seems to be usable on RPI2.
The biggest oddity observed is that after exiting firefox,
it seems to remain active in a top window well after the
window disappears.

By my account your patches are a success.

Thanks for all your help,

bob prohaska