sound on Raspb. Pi 3

Sylvain Garrigues sylgar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 14:10:12 UTC 2017

Hello,

The sound driver on all RPIs requires the VCHIQ driver so as to communicate with the firmware.
It has not yet been ported to arm64, so you won’t get any output through HDMI or the 3.5mm jack yet.

Your best bet is to use an USB sound card, or to try an armv6 snapshot (the RPI2 -CURRENT one for instance).

Sylvain