Pine64+ 2GB and RPI3 (A64 examples): Any general idea on what/when to expect for the return of USB support to head?

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Fri Aug 4 03:16:21 UTC 2017

Michael Tuexen tuexen at fh-muenster.de wrote on
Thu Aug 3 16:13:09 UTC 2017 :

> Just to get a clear understanding of the current situation:
> Is this related to problem where an RPI3 without ZFS, not using a
> USB storage device, can't boot with the "APs not being started"?
>
> Should I be able to get a bootable RPI3 back when locally reverting r320612?
> Just to be crystal clear: I'm only interested in a RPI3, not the allwinner
> device.

I munged up the original submittal by stupidly referencing
RPI3 incorrectly as an A64 example: RPI3 is not based on
an ALLWINNER System On a Chip at all.

I meant to refer to examples of just what soc_allwinner_a64
and

sys/arm/allwinner/a64/

covers. (What I sometimes have access to for that is:
Pine64+ 2GB. I also sometimes have access to an rpi3.)

If I interpret right:

sys/conf/files.arm64

does not suggest soc_allwinner_a64 and RPi3's soc_brcm_bcm2837
sharing the changes made for A64.

Sorry for the confusion.

Note: My Pine64+ 2GB and RPI3 configuration are still back
before the INO64 changes. I've not experimented with updates
yet. Instead I've been trying to first figure out what to
expect and if I should upgrade and what I might be required
to do for the update to be reasonable for me.

So I also am interested in avoiding "APs not being started"
for the RPI3 context.

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net