Allwinner GPIO IRQ?

Milan Obuch freebsd-arm at dino.sk
Tue Aug 1 10:55:37 UTC 2017

On Tue, 1 Aug 2017 08:19:21 +0200
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jul 2017 17:22:11 -0500
> Dustin Marquess <dmarquess at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Ian,
> >
> > Thanks for the confirmation!  I'm not exactly a kernel-level dev,
> > so I was just pretty much guessing and poking around :).
> >
> > Thanks!
> > -Dustin
> >

>  As Ian said the controller driver doesn't support interrupts, this
> would be easy to add but I have too much stuff to do so if someone
> want to work on this I'll be very happy.

[ snip ]

I am interested in this, too, as I am just starting to try a gpiopps...

> > > From a quick glance at the docs, it looks like only 32 of the
> > > pins on allwinner can be configured as interrupt sources, but it
> > > doesn't look like our code is ready to do that at all (I don't
> > > see any pins in the padconf tables that have "irq" as one of
> > > their choices).
>
>  Yes, not all pins can be interrupts sources.
>  I've added for most of the padconf information on which pins can do
> it (see
> https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/arm/allwinner/a20/a20_padconf.c?revision=310117&view=markup#l104
> for example).
>  They are named eint like in the datasheet and linux (so a dts that
> would reference them on linux would work for us).

From a quick glance over this file I see there are both PC19 and PH10
marked as eint12 - is it OK? Similarly PC20 and PH11, PC21 and PH12,
PC22 and PH13. Also, Pins PI10 to PI19 are marked with eint. I did not
try to read a datasheet, yet, so this could be dumb question, but
still, I would like to know the reason...

Anyway, as I am working with Orange Pi boards, I think this is not
relevant for me, I am looking in h3_padconf.c and h3_r_padconf.c, it
looks like all pins from PA, PG and PL blocks are usable as interrupt
source... and I see no such double usage here.

Regards,
Milan