RPi2 with RedBear IoT pHat cannot boot

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:59:53 UTC 2016

Sorry for the top post.

I said similar or the same, I don't have a lot of bandwidth to check these things right now.

SDIO (the hardware interface for both chips) is not currently supported by the FreeBSD kernel and there does not seem to be support for the underlying Broadcom chips (as there is no SDIO support!), but Mr. Adrian Chadd may be able to speak more to that. ‎He has previously mentioned that the chips are very complex and porting them will be time consuming.

There is currently a new SDIO driver making its way into the head branch but it will not be in FreeBSD 11. Mr. Warner Losh could speak more to that.

Please see ‎https://reviews.freebsd.org/D4761 for more details on the new CAMMMC driver.

As I am not a hardware/FTD expert, I would guess that the issue you are seeing is the same both ways: the phat is modifying the hardware signature of the device, causing the dtb to fail to load. ‎But that's just a guess.

Russ

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Virgin Mobile network.