upgrading arm6hf

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Sun May 22 21:37:03 UTC 2016

On Sat, 2016-05-21 at 11:44 -0700, bob prohaska wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 10:57:44AM -0600, Ian Lepore wrote:
> >
> > [...]
> /usr/src/usr.bin/clang/clang/../../../contrib/llvm/include/llvm/Suppo
> rt/Allocator.h:95: additional relocation overflows omitted from the
> output
> c++: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> *** [clang.full] Error code 1
> Would it make any sense to back down to the pre-hardfloat kernel and
> try again?
> My feeling is "no", but unless there's much to lose it's an easy
> experiment.
>
> bob prohaska

I tracked this down today and just committed the fix as r300438.  The
problem was that MACHINE_CPUARCH was being set to 'armhf' instead of
'arm' because the translation for 'hf' suffix was removed from
share/sys.mk.  We'll need to leave that translation in place for a few
months until everyone running self-hosted armv6hf systems have had a
chance to update.

So now the build with TARGET_ARCH=armv6 should work.  There is probably
some subset of what's in obj/ that could be deleted to avoid a full
rebuild, but I don't know what it is for sure, I just deleted
everything and started over.  My build is not done yet, but it has
gotten further than it did last night, so this fix is looking good so
far.

-- Ian