upgrading arm6hf

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Fri May 20 23:16:26 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 02:32:44PM -0600, Ian Lepore wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-05-19 at 23:59 -0700, bob prohaska wrote:
> > Just did a reboot, uname -p reports
> > root at www:~ # uname -p
> > armv6hf
> >

> FYI, this just got fixed with Warner's r300324 commit.  I think only
> your kernel needs rebuilding to make it right in userland too.
>
> -- Ian

Indeed, the kernel build completed with no special options, the install
required DESTIR=/ but that's all. Will the DESTDIR requirement persist?

After reboot the system says it's at r300334M, uname -p reports armv6,
not armv6hf as before; is this expected? World and userland are now
very slightly out of sync, so the next step is to update and repeat
a complete OS build/install cycle. A few minutes into the process all
seems well.

Thank you very much!

bob prohaska