Arduino Due

Kyle Evans bsdports at kyle-evans.net
Thu Dec 15 14:51:01 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 5:11 AM, Goran Mekić <meka at tilda.center> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So I did a little checks and I think it's the cross compiling that's faulty. I generated blink led .bin file on Linux and FreeBSD. I can flash any of them from FreeBSD using bossac, and Linux .bin file works, FreeBSD one doesn't (the led is always lit). I checked the commands Arduino IDE is using on Linux and FreeBSD, and they are the same. I tried this with arm-none-eabi-gcc versions 4.9, 5.3 and 6.2. As all those versions are failing, maybe it's not GCC but binutils or something like that (just a wild guess). I would be really grateful if someone could tell me how to pinpoint the error even more. Thank you!
>
> Just for reference, on Arduino Due the MCU is Cortex M3.
>
> Regards,
> meka

 Hi,

That's interesting. I was able to successfully program my Due's with
FreeBSD-compiled projects a couple of times -- generally simple ones
that just connected and tested the serial plotter/monitor.

However, we do differ from upstream a bit in that upstream seems to be
sticking to arm-none-eabi-gcc 4.8.3 -- I kind of wonder if we're
missing some flags in compilation/linking, but that wouldn't really
explain why my simple tests worked out. =(