When first hooking up a cubieboard2...

John W. Kitz John.Kitz at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 14 19:34:18 UTC 2016

Gents,

On Wed, 2016-12-14 at 17:26 +0100, John W. Kitz wrote:
>> Ganbold,

>> Well not the answer I was looking for, but this is what I got when
>> attaching the OTG port of a new cubieboard2 (NOT in FEL mode) to a USB
>> port on >an AMD64 / FreeBSD system. Since the messages all seem to
>> refer to removable storage devices attached to the same bus on which
>> the storage medium itself doesn't seem to be present, resulting in the
>> devices being reported as not ready, the only thing I could imagine
>> were the SD card slot (I believe using a converter it is possible to
>> connect that to a USB port as well) and the two other (i.e. non OTG)
>> USB ports.
>>
>> Looking into this a bit further is the difference maybe the result of
>> a different way of enumerating devices on Linux then on FreeBSD?
>>
>> If not, what conclusion should I draw from this?
>>

> Your question actually doesn't make much sense.  I think the best answer
possible about what you see when you connect a running
> cubieboard2 to a freebsd host is something like...

> What you see is entirely dependent on what software is running on the
cubieboard when you connect it, and questions about what shows up and why >
should be addressed to whomever wrote that software.

I'm not referring to what I see on the cubieboard2, but as I mentioned to
what I'm seeing on the console of an AMD64 / FreeBSD system to which I'm
attaching it.

> If freebsd is what's running on the board, then this is the right place to
ask, but you'd have to provide more info about exactly what you're > running
(where you got the image or how you built it).  If you're running some linux
image then the builder/distributor of that image could answer >the
questions.

The board is straight out of the box brand spanking new, so AFAIK there's
nothing running on it yet.

Jk.