X on RPI2?

Brian McGovern (bmcgover) bmcgover at cisco.com
Mon Nov 2 15:07:23 UTC 2015

I've taken a look through the mail archives and Google looking for details about setting up Xorg on FreeBSD-current on the Raspberry Pi 2. I've found some conflicting information, and much of the material seems to be "older" (e.g. from Feb-May of 2015). I'm guessing from the fade in conversation, people have either 'figured it out' and I can't find the documentation, or people have given up.

I've seen references to both xf86-video-fbdev and xf86-video-scfb, although from the log file (attached), xf86-video-fbdev seems to be the more right, but it appears that I'm missing the fbdevhwModuleData object for the FreeBSD fb device.

For reference, the system is running the code and ports from early afternoon, ET, 10/28, base/head and ports/head.

Does anyone have this working? If so, could you tell me the secret sauce? I'm hoping to get a couple of the PIs driving their own displays, even if sub-optimally.

  -B