Updated Amlogic aml8726-m6 and aml8726-m8 support files

Ruslan Bukin br at freebsd.org
Mon Mar 23 21:30:20 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 04:55:46PM -0400, John Wehle wrote:
> > if you change mii_mediachg() to mii_pollstat() in the interrupt hander,
> > then changing media works stable for you ?
>
> It seemed to with limited testing.  However there were other issues to
> be resolved (e.g. some bit flag differences between the Altera and the
> Amlogic) ... getting the dwc working reliable on the Amlogic was / is
> still a work in progress.
>
> I'm incline to continue porting the NetBSD driver since it's known to
> be stable with the Allwinner / Amlogic silicon (i.e. it already has any
> magical register poking that might be necessary).  Once it's working on
> FreeBSD with the Amlogic SoC we can then compare / contrast the two
> drivers to see:
>
>   1) If it's reasonable to merge them into one driver
>
>   2) Exactly what there is which needs to be merged

As I remember netbsd driver was wrotten for older version of dwc implemented
in allwinners. Is Amlogic version is also old ? As you said before it works,
that means version is not too old, and better idea here is to implement missing
bits for our dwc(4) (as it really good driver and works perfect for SOCKIT).

We can use mii_mediachg() or mii_pollstat() depending on version of hardware.
(although there should be an easiest solution for this problem).

Ruslan