Recommended WiFi / Bluetooth modules for embedded ARM projects?

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Sat Mar 14 23:08:02 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 02:22:10AM +0900, Brendan Sechter wrote:
> I am looking for thoughts, opinions and recommendations regarding WiFi / Bluetooth modules for embedded ARM FreeBSD projects.  My requirements are 802.11ac / Bluetooth 4.0.  The ideal module is low cost, works with minimal effort and also has a USB dongle approximation for early stage development.

I'd bought some nano WiFi USB on AliExpress marketed for Rasberry usage.
They are Ralink RT5390 based, but I only used it for some small tests
on a Wandboard, since a Wandboard is what I currently use as a lab
gadged and the wandboard internal isn't supported by FreeBSD yet.
Bluetooth USB isn't a real problem - most cheap should work.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de