zfs on BeagleBone

Brett Wynkoop freebsd-arm at wynn.com
Fri Mar 13 06:11:14 UTC 2015

On Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:19:23 +0900
Rui Paulo <rpaulo at me.com> wrote:

> While it's very encouraging that ZFS is performing well on the
> BeagleBone, it's, at the same time, worrisome that UFS performs so
> poorly.  UFS is supposed to deal very well with small embedded
> systems/filesystems and ZFS is supposed to deal very well with big
> systems/filesystems.  I haven't really had any problems with UFS on
> my BeagleBone.

I have no problem with UFS on the sd card, but UFS on ANY USB FLASH has
been a failure on the BeagleBone.  Are you doing UFS on USB FLASH?

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army
pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and
gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

-Honorable J. A. Williams, Circuit Judge -
                  Wilson v. State, 33 Ark. 557, 34 Am. Rep. 52 (1878).