freebsd/Crochet

Tim Kientzle tim at kientzle.com
Thu Mar 5 05:03:50 UTC 2015

I am very happy to announce that the Crochet project has officially moved from my
personal account to the FreeBSD project account on github.  It can now be found at:

   https://github.com/freebsd/crochet <https://github.com/freebsd/crochet>

In particular, this means that a larger group of freebsd developers are now participating
in ongoing Crochet development.

Practically speaking, github will redirect old URLs to the new location and the move
should be transparent to existing Crochet users and contributors.

For those unfamiliar, Crochet is a tool for generating runnable system images of
FreeBSD.  It was originally developed in mid-2012 for building BeagleBone images and
has since expanded with support for many other ARM boards, as well as Generic i386
and VMWare images.  It is similar in many respects to nanobsd, but has more of a
focus on cross-building and supporting a variety of boot systems.  (Although I don’t
recommend it as a regular practice, I have confirmed that Crochet can cross-build
runnable VMWare i386 images from a BeagleBone. ;-)

Best to all,

Tim