crash on writing usbstick

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Mar 3 15:51:47 UTC 2015

> On Mar 2, 2015, at 7:43 PM, Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm at wynn.com> wrote:
>
> So do we think this is an ARM specific thing, or is it a UFS thing?

I think this is a ARM thing, or maybe a non-coherent DMA platform
thing.

> I am thinking maybe I should format as ext or ntfs and see if we have
> the same issue.  If we do then we can rule out a UFS bug.

I was going to suggest compiling UFS without optimization to rule out
it being a compiler thing (or using gcc instead of clang or vice versa).

extfs may work. ntfs is likely too bit rotted to actually support writing
these days :(

Warner