crash on writing usbstick

Brett Wynkoop freebsd-arm at wynn.com
Sun Mar 1 19:46:57 UTC 2015

So we have another set of data points.  I tried to again put a copy of
ports on the USB stick, this time using rsync.

cd /usr/ports
rsync -acv . /export/ports

It got as far as:

hebrew/he2/
hebrew/he2/Makefile
hebrew/he2/distinfo
hebrew/he2/pkg-descr
hebrew/he2/pkg-message
hebrew/he2/pkg-plist
hebrew/he2/files/
hebrew/he2/files/patch-HebrewEditor.cxx
hebrew/he2/files/patch-Makefile.in
hebrew/he2/files/patch-aDictionary.cxx
hebrew/he2/files/patch-he2.in
hebrew/he2/files/patch-he2__hebSegment.cxx
hebrew/he2/files/patch-he2__hebString.cxx
hebrew/he2/files/patch-realCxx
Read from remote host 192.168.54.10: Operation timed out
Connection to 192.168.54.10 closed.

This is the end of the debugger output on the console:

aintc0: Spurious interrupt detected (0xffffffff)
aintc0: Spurious interrupt detected (0xffffffff)
mode = 0100402, inum = 1370272, fs = /export
panic: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
KDB: enter: panic
[ thread pid 739 tid 100089 ]
Stopped at      $d.7:   ldrb    r15, [r15, r15, ror r15]!
db>
db> continue
Uptime: 2h22m3s

I think we have some serious usb issues on the BeagleBone.  I wonder
why no one else seems to be seeing these.  Could it be that since you
are all using rotating media for your USB disk that it is somehow
acting different and the problem is closely coupled with using usb
flash drives?

In any case I think there is a real bug here.  If anyone can suggest
what I should do to gather useful data to help debug this and get it
solved for everyone let me know.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and
strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a
woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound