[RPI-B] [HEADS UP] DWC OTG TX path optimisation for 11-current

Svatopluk Kraus onwahe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 09:46:29 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:49 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hps at selasky.org> wrote:
> On 07/29/15 17:45, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
>>
>> Just for your information, when I start buildworld, the system
>>>
>>> responds very fast (console, ssh). After about one hour, it starts to
>>> print the following warnings:
>

> Did this happen before r285935 aswell or only after this revision?

Yes, it did. I can't say from which revision it's happening. I try to
keep kernel updated with each change related to this problem, as I
hope that it helps. But the problem is still present.

However, the kernels were built without INVARIANTS. Yesterday, I
prepared some debug patch which needed INVARIANTS anf KTR options and
the problem did not happen. The buildworld finished in about 15 hours
(taken from uptime) so it was about 2 hours faster then with kernel
before r285935.