X_BUILD_FOR is back!

Michael Vale m.vale at live.com.au
Sun Jul 19 22:50:14 UTC 2015

 Okay!

Patch and go!

bmake X_BUILD_FOR=mips BUILD_AS_USER= SRC_BASE=/home/masked/src

Will build and install ports into /home/masked/src/../root/mips/

By default at first it will want to build and install mips-gcc to cross compile.  Next it will want to build and install pkg-1.5.5.  Personally I had problems with pkg's configure script and external/libucl/xxhash.c that needed debugging.  "cross_compiling" = "yes" after a search for "git head" in pkg's configure needs to be changed from "yes" to "maybe" and a search for swap32 in xxhash.c, finds you with an elif for __bswap32 that needs to be erased, then pkg should compile.  Please let me know if you have different results.

Currently ports "install" is broken.  I'm not sure what is wrong with it, but rather than wait until it is fixed, I thought I would post this anyway as I have been using the stage target as install, pointing STAGEDIR to SYSROOT.

Next I will go through it and remove SHARE files, DOCs, MAN pages, and other stuff that we don't need on embedded systems.

I did do some changes to Scripts/do-depends.sh and Scripts/find-lib.sh, I'm unsure now if any of those changes were needed and I don't have a copy of the originals right now so rather than post patches, I've posted the entire files, sorry about that.

Correction = Install /does/ work for some ports, it depends on a few factors, I will iron them out ASAP.  Other than that, and the excess junk from the ports (DOC's MAN's SHARE, etc).  This iteration is for the most-part complete.

Practically /all/ of the pkg support is complete, it will register packages to a database on the embedded filesystems root and successfully delete packages, regardless of the fact that install is not working 100% right now.

The majority of ports should build, "stage-install", install and package up without a fuss.  Dependency checking and building should all be sane.

Please let me know what you think.

Regards,

Michael.