RPi won't boot 10.2-BETA1 -- SOLVED

Glen Barber gjb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 15 04:01:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 08:54:06PM -0700, Carl Johnson wrote:
> I bought a new microSDHC card and that card works.  The new one is a
> 16GB SanDisk Ultra PLUS UHS-1 card in case anybody is keeping track.  I
> had tried two different Class 4 cards that didn't work, so maybe the
> faster speed is necessary now, or maybe it is picky about brands.

FWIW, I have a few class-10 cards that will absolutely not work, and
a few class-4 cards that work perfectly fine.

After getting my test setup working properly (cards that work, etc.),
I looked into it a bit further, and it *seems* that all of my cards
(except one class-10 card) out of about 12 different SD cards work fine
with "normal data."

Just an additional data point, although I realize it contradicts your
findings.

Glen