FW: Cross Ports - working - find attached bsd.port.mk

Michael Vale m.vale at live.com.au
Fri Jul 10 15:36:38 UTC 2015

From: m.vale at live.com.au
To: freebsd-mips at freebsd.org
Subject: Cross Ports - working - find attached bsd.port.mk
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 02:01:24 +1030

Okay,
So, I'm submitting my work on cross ports.
Here's what works and what doesn't work
Clang support is there but GNU configure tries to append -march=mips32r2 to the command which causes the compiler check to fail.
GCC support is there, except when a GNU configure script tries to link -lgcc_s - apparently Adrian and bapt were meant to have fixed this in -head, but I updated and still had the problem.
So an example of the ports I've tried and worked are:
sysutils/busyboxsecurity/dropbear
Now when running bmake X_BUILD_FOR=mips on dropbear, it fails "installing" files into the stage.  But if you run bmake again without X_BUILD_FOR=mips it "installs" those files into stage and one can continue along with bmake install.
It is assumed that one has built a world with freebsd-wifi-build.
An example of running a bmake is
SRCDIR=/home/masked/work/src bmake X_BUILD_FOR=mips