Raspberry Pi with PiTFT - some GPIO weirdness

Milan Obuch freebsd-arm at dino.sk
Sat Feb 28 13:24:29 UTC 2015

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:36:58 +0800
Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:18:52 +0100
> Milan Obuch <freebsd-arm at dino.sk> wrote:
>
> > today I found some time to play a bit with my little display
> > attached to Rasoberry Pi, and I decided to test buttons connected
> > to GPIO, as this should work on FreeBSD already. According docs,
> > buttons are connected to GPIO lines 23, 22, 21 and 18, leftmost
> > first.
> >
> > Using basic 'gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 -lv' command I found only first
> > one, on line 23, reacts. It has value 1 normally and 0 when pressed.
> >
> you must setup the pins as inputs first before using them as inputs. I
> would not rely on any defaults.
>
> Erich

According available docs, all GPIO are set to input mode after reset.
This seems not to be the case, but that's not my point. What was a bit
of surprise for me was even 'gpioctl -f /dev/gpioc0 -l' tells those
pins are in input mode ('pin nn<IN>'), it did not work. And fact that
even after power disconnect the state remains the same is even more
weird.

Anyway, I accept the necessity for setup, the question is, where should
these setup instruction go.

Regards,
Milan