FreeBSD 10.1 / 11 on a Raspberry Pi B+ / 2 ?

Brett Wynkoop freebsd-arm at wynn.com
Sat Feb 28 09:05:33 UTC 2015

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 08:26:11 -0000
beastie at nawi.is wrote:

> Yes, I meaned whether it works to buils things (I know, this needs
> many time).

I have built many things from ports on both my Pi and my BeagleBone
under both 10.x and now under 11.x

> > man portsnap
> >
> > X is of course in ports.  I am not sure if there is an Xserver that
> > will build on the box, but I would not be surprised if it did as the
> > Linux crew has working X and the X sources all come from the same
> > place.
> >

> To find that out, we need to try it and to fix the errors ...

True, but since the hardware specific stuff should be in from xorg
because the Pi guys put Linux on these things by default I have a
strong belief it will work.  You might want to boot under Linux and see
what Xserver setup they use so you can build the same under FreeBSD.
At the moment I am not worried about X under FreeBSD on my little
machines.  I have an Xterminal that they will be stuck on the back of
when I am satisfied that I have them doing what I want.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

April 19, 1775 An English attempt to confiscate guns from Americans
triggered a successful revolution......

     Dear Congress, that's a hint.