Beaglebone Implemented Features so far?

Luiz Otavio O Souza lists.br at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 13:52:40 UTC 2015

On 24 February 2015 at 14:18, Chris Telting wrote:
> Just wondering what the current state for the Beaglebone features are.
>
> GPIO is working.
>
> Interrupts on Input. Anyone working on this?

Hi,

The interrupt support for kernel devices was committed in r276207.

You need a device driver that attaches directly to gpiobus to use GPIO
interrupts ATM.

Here is an example of such driver:
https://people.freebsd.org/~loos/gpiointr.diff

Userland notification of GPIO interrupt events should be available soon too.

> PWM and ADC. I find it funky that they are accessed though sysctl rather
> than a device file and library like GPIO.

Yes, I've plans to integrated these devices into GPIO framework, but I
also have a few things to finish before I can look into that.

> Hardware watchdog? From what I can tell the ti_wdt0 exists but I don't see
> any way to turn it on and control it.

Check the watchdog(8) man page, I haven't tried myself but it seems to work.

> PRU's. Libpru is shaping up. PASM for assembly is in ports.
>
> i2c seems like it should work but so far it's a bust for me. I've seen
> mention of people saying they have it working.

I2C works fine, it is used to access the onboard PMIC and HDMI framer
and I also have used the i2c to access a few other external devices
(RTC, GPIO expanders, thermometers).

> SPI? CAM?

No SPI support ATM, but it is not hard.

> Changing Pin Modes?

It is specified on DTS data and cannot be changed at runtime.

> What about functioning as a USB client?

Not sure about this one.

HTH,
Luiz