[Raspberry Pi-Boot Problem] keyboard doesnt become identified && mbox: timeout waiting for respone && bcm2835: could not set usb power state

bluemorpho bluemorpho at mykolab.com
Fri Feb 20 12:27:39 UTC 2015

Hello.

first of  all: im a total newbie in freebsd. i use this version here:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20150217-r278908.img.bz2
and (plain) dd to "burn" it on my sd card.

When i start my raspi, i get the following error:

In:        serial
Out:     Icd
Err:      Icd
mbox:    timeout waiting fore response
bcm2835: Could not set USB power state
Net: Net Initialization Skipped
No ethernet found.
Hit any key to stop autoboot:     0
U-boot>

1) According to [1]  i should be able to make use of my keyboad, which i
actually cant.
=> I have tested 2 keyboards (which both are working fine), but still my
keyboard doesnt work with the raspi.

In the second try, i replaced the bootcode.bin & start.elf from the free
bsd image with them in [3], as suggested in [4] (using wget -O) => same
results

2) According to [2], my situation isnt expected/normal. But
unfortunately, i dont understand a bit of what the people in  [1] are doing.

=> Any ideas, hints or some assistance?

kind regards

PS: As also suggested in  [4] i will try the next days/weeks another sd card

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arm/2012-December/004435.html
[2] http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=89622&p=632882
[3] https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot
[4]