Raspberry Pi Videocore interfaces question - Raspberry Camera

Milan Obuch freebsd-arm at dino.sk
Wed Feb 18 23:12:14 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 10:20:20 +0100
Mikaël Urankar <mikael.urankar at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hi, Gonzo,
> >
> > thanks for fast response! I will try it on my Pi as soon as
> > currently running upgrade is done.
> >
> > Do I understand it right I should just download the whole repository
> > and then run 'buildme.freebsd'?
>
> Hi,
>
> I've made a port for raspberrypi-userland based on NetBSD one:
> http://mikael.urankar.free.fr/FreeBSD/raspberrypi-userland.shar

Hello,

I was able to build and install this port with no trouble, but it does
not work for me. As I am interested now in camera, I tried raspistill
first, which gives me following

assertion failure:/usr/ports/misc/raspberrypi-userland/work/gonzoua-userland-11ffc75/interface/vmcs_host/vc_vchi_dispmanx.c:200:vc_vchi_dispmanx_init():success == 0

While it does clearly indicate where the error occurs, I have
absolutelly no idea now what could be wrong and how to fix it.
So if you think you know what I should try, please let me know.

Just if it could be relevant - I used 11-CURRENT r278801, kernel is
stock RPI-B. In my /etc/src.conf I have following options set:

WITHOUT_ACPI=YES
WITHOUT_ATM=YES
WITHOUT_AUDIT=YES
WITHOUT_AUTHPF=YES