gpart and labels on FBSD11-ARM

Brett Wynkoop freebsd-arm at wynn.com
Mon Feb 16 07:02:56 UTC 2015

Greeting-

I am just getting back to working with arm stuff after being taken away
from it for a while by life events.

I just installed current using crochet (Thanks Tim) and was pleased to
see that USB is now working on the BeagleBone.  Great job guys!

I have a 30GB usb stick in my BB and I sliced up the disk with gpart
and in so doing labeled the two partitions as gpswap and bbd0.  I
expected to see those names under /dev/gpt, but no joy.  There is not
even a /dev/gpt.  In fact I find neither name anywhere under /dev.

This leads to the question of the hour.......what did I do wrong?

I can of course address the partations as /dev/da0p1 and /dev/da0p2,
but I much prefer to do things with labels if possible.

-Brett

--

wynkoop at wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess
the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its
experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."

-- Samuel Adams, letter to James Warren (24 October 1780)