[Differential] [Updated] D1810: Leave HYP mode upon startup

ian (Ian Lepore) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 9 22:42:00 UTC 2015

ian added a comment.

What about when we're ready to do something with hyper mode?  The Zen guys bug us every once in a while to check out their patches because they have Dom0 support for us now (not sure how complete it is), is this just going to make their lives even harder?  (I guess if I had ever even glanced at their patches I might know the answer to that.)

INLINE COMMENTS
  sys/arm/arm/locore-v6.S:87 Note what fact?  That the loader launched us in hyper mode?  I'm not sure what use that would have.
  sys/arm/arm/locore-v6.S:88 ERET loads CPSR from SPSR_hyp, how do we know what mode that is going to return to?  It seems like this code should be setting up the value and doing msr spsr_hyp, rN.

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D1810

To: zbb, andrew, ian
Cc: imp, freebsd-arm