Arm.armv6 build world fails on amd64 10.1-RELEASE

the_mix_room at hotmail.com the_mix_room at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 6 12:33:41 UTC 2015

I now got my hand on a fresh install. Everything builds correctly there.

From: jiashiun at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:49:23 +0800
Subject: Re: Arm.armv6 build world fails on amd64 10.1-RELEASE
To: the_mix_room at hotmail.com
CC: imp at bsdimp.com; ian at freebsd.org; freebsd-arm at freebsd.org

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 4:33 PM,  <the_mix_room at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I notice on your original post you set TARGET and TARGET_ARCH in the> > environment.  On this post you showed them on the command line.  Make is

> > sensitive (in ways that have always confused me) to a difference between

> > env and command line and variables set in makefiles.  I've only ever set

> > those two variables on the command line, I wonder if the failure could

> > be related to setting them in the env?

> If that makes a difference, it would be the first time for these two variables.

> The only time I’ve seen issues is when you had them set to different things

> in your environment and on the command line. If only one is set, them not

> working is a bug I’d be quite keen on fixing.

> Warner

I removed the variables from the shell. Removed /usr/src. Checked out again. Rebuilt. Still failed.

Out of curiosity I did 10.1R fresh install and checked out head/r277720 & stable-10/r277722 to build for arm. Both completed buildworld and (RPI-B) buildkernel without error.

Could you try again on a fresh base installation? Maybe your problem is caused by src.conf, src incorrectly reference base, etc. contamination. Or someone just fixed it unintentionally.

-Jia-Shiun.