Documentation for using GPIO

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Tue Sep 30 00:16:40 UTC 2014

Hi Luiz,

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 16:27:26 -0300
Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br at gmail.com> wrote:

> > is there some documentation available of how to use GPIO on a
> > Raspberry Pi B+ than man gpio, man gpioctl etc?
> >
> Unfortunately not, there is the Wiki page
> (https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/GPIO) but it doesn't add much.

I ave read this.

> But we can try to help you whenever possible, just post your questions
> and we'll try to address them.

I am currently working on a C program which should use GPIO to switch
relais and read the state of switches via GPIO. I would like to make
this program as simple as possible by creating first a layer which
provides then functions like set (Pin), reset (Pin)  and read (Pin)
only. Of course plus the things needed to open, close and configure the
interface.

The best I have found until now are the sources of gpioctl. I am
currently looking at the source.

Is this the best start?

Erich