MK_ARM_EABI to retire in current

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Mon Sep 29 04:05:34 UTC 2014

Andrew Turner wrote this message on Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:18 +0100:
> On Mon, 19 May 2014 09:40:33 -0600
> Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>
> > Greetings,
> >
> > MK_ARM_EABI is going to die in current. It is the default for all
> > platforms currently. I?m eliminating it as a build option. It must
> > die because it invisibly (to uname) effects the ABI.
> >
> > So, to that end, I see two options:
> >
> > (1) Retire and remove oabi support.
> > (2) Retain oabi support, but change its name to armo and armoeb.
> >
> > The rough consensus of arm developers I?ve polled now, and in the
> > past, is that we just let oabi support die now that EABI support is
> > working for everybody.
> >
> > Before I pull the trigger on this, however, I must ask if anybody has
> > a problem with my doing option (1), and if so, what keeps you using
> > oabi.
> >
> > Comments?
>
> As far as I know all the problems with ARM EABI on armeb mentioned
> in this thread have been fixed. I think we should now retire the oabi
> support and remove MK_ARM_EABI.

Yeh, I don't know of any issues, though my AVILA board isn't 100% stable
as I did get this recently:
panic: Fatal abort
panic: mtx_lock() by idle thread 0xc0e66320 on sleep mutex eventhandler @ /usr/src.avila/sys/kern/subr_eventhandler.c:251

But, I don't think this is related to EABI...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579