Digi CCWMX53

Rui Paulo rpaulo at me.com
Sat Sep 27 05:57:22 UTC 2014

Hi,

> On Sep 26, 2014, at 22:38, Russell Haley <russ.haley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to build for a DIgi CCWMX53 and was actually able to get a
> kernel to build (holy cow I did it!!!) but I have failed to get it to boot.
> I'll outline my steps below but I am also seeking answers for the following
> questions:
>
> 1) Can anyone give me the correct u-boot enviroment variables or reference
> to the u-boot process to boot the completed freebsd kernel. Specifically on
> a CCWMX53 if possible, but I have linux references to port from. Where
> would I look for an example?

This is my setup:

https://wiki.freebsd.org/Digi-CCWMX53

I boot from the network because we don't support the MTD flash layout yet.  We can put a kernel in flash, but the kernel won't be able to read the MTD partition layout and we can't boot rootfs from there.  You can use a USB stick.

If you want to build U-Boot from source on FreeBSD, here's my fork: https://github.com/rpaulo/uboot-ccwmx53-digi

> 2) Do I need to create a cross compiler? Reference 1 says yes, reference
> two says no. Help!

You always need it when building on x86.

> Okay this is my process. It is performed in a 9.1-RELEASE jail within a
> PC-BSD 10 VM with 4 GB ram and 4 cores.
>
> svn checkout https://svn0.us-west.FreeBSD.org/base/head /usr/src
>
> cd /usr/src
>
> make TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=arm -j10 buildworld
>
> make TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=arm KERNCONF=DIGI-CCWMX53 buildkernel

Like Warner said, you need armv6.

--
Rui Paulo