Does FreeBSD 10 supports ARM well?

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Wed Sep 24 20:42:12 UTC 2014

On 9/23/14 7:12 PM, Jingcheng zhang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have a storage system based on FreeBSD 10.  We want to run the system on
> ARM platform.  We know that the FreeBSD support development is in
> progress.   Could some guys help answer the following questions?
> 1)  Does FreeBSD 10 supports ARM?
> 2)  Are the disk and network adapters support ready for ARM?

Really depends on the hardware, I've been running a BeagleBone White
with FreeBSD 10 now for several months with an MQTT (mosquitto) Queue as
part of a hierarchical queue setup. This system collects data with a
bridging daemon from Tinkerforge nodes, which is subsequently pushed to
the mosquitto queue. This setup is running as quiet and stable as you
could wish for, boot and forget. This is of course very network centric,
almost no disk involved besides logging.

Werner