ARMv6 ports status

Sean Bruno sbruno at ignoranthack.me
Mon Sep 22 06:38:05 UTC 2014

I thought I'd actually subscribe here and post some status for your
entertainment.

http://chips.ysv.freebsd.org/index.html is the current host building
FreeBSD ARMv6 ports for Current in the cluster.  As you can see, it has
a good chunk of packages built already.

This machine is also acting as a pkg repo at the moment:
http://chips.ysv.freebsd.org/packages/11armv632-default/

Things like perl/python are useable and X is approaching the point where
we can start trying to use it on RPi and BBB architectures.

This is being accomplished via qemu-bsd-user and poudriere with support
for a cross architecture tool chain on AMD64 hosts.  Some of the
malfunctions with ports building are QEMU related (probably any that
show up as coredump).

Others are more interesting and I'm looking for patches or feedback on
the builds.

Big blockers at the moment:
   no working gcc port
   boost-libs
   mysql
   postgresql
   tex-luatex

But, I can review and commit any patches people have for ports to
resolve these issues.

Sean

p.s. blt was just fixed in ports/head.  I'll kick a ports update/build
when the current run is finished.