NEW_PCIB and arm take 3 (4?)

John Baldwin jhb at freebsd.org
Wed Sep 10 21:20:00 UTC 2014

The plan for NEW_PCIB was for it to be a temporary option that would
eventually become the default on all platforms.  I have long had patches to
provide the one step of infrastructure (namely implementing "real"
bus_activate_resource methods) for various arm chipsets, but I haven't been
able to get anyone to review or test them.  I'm about at the point of just
committing them in a week barring any specific reports from testers or
reviewers.

You can read more about what NEW_PCIB is at:

   https://wiki.freebsd.org/NEW_PCIB

These patches aim to implement step 2 from that wiki page.  However, I have no
way to test them (and to be honest, I haven't recently tested to see if they
will compile.  I will ensure make universe passes before pushing them in if it
comes down to that.)

   http://people.freebsd.org/~jhb/patches/arm_activate2.patch

As I noted previously, I don't know how to properly fix i80321_pci in large
part because I do not understand what it is doing.  Warner had previously
suggested just dropping it and if the consensus is to do that, I'd be much
obliged for someone to make it so.

--
John Baldwin