buildworld on a Raspberry

Erich Dollansky erichsfreebsdlist at alogt.com
Thu Sep 4 14:05:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

you wrote recently that your own kernel works with a Raspberry but not
the kernel from FreeBSD itself. You believe the old firmware might
be the problem.

I did not some tests. Of course, the kernel downloaded from your site
works. When I installed my own kernel with revision 271057 (from this
morning), I still do not get a running image.

I did these tests and all failed:

Use your firmware with the new kernel,
Use your kernel with the firmware from the new kernel.

The image works the moment I use the new kernel but copy your /boot and
your files from the FAT to the media.

My problem is that I lost my monitor cable and I am currently at a
location where they do not sell such things. So, all I can tell is that
an image comes to the state when I can log-on remotely.

The log files show always that ue0 is not recognised when the image
fails.

Do you have any idea what is wrong?

Erich