Another Test Run with Alternative pmap Implementation

Svatopluk Kraus onwahe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 19:32:43 UTC 2014

On Fri, Nov 28, 2014 at 3:31 PM, Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2014-11-28 at 10:43 +0100, Svatopluk Kraus wrote:
> > Hmm, IMO, the LOR is well known. The broken pipe likely points to a
> problem
> > with SD card where your system is running. So, somehow your SD card stops
> > working. It could be caused, in the order of likelihood, because of
> >
> > (1) bad SD card,
> > (2) bad driver,
> > (3) something else.
> >
> > Svata
>
> We haven't had any reports of trouble with the imx6 sd driver.
>
> I would try turning off the DIAGNOSTIC option.  It's really more harmful
> than useful on arm.  On armv4 it makes the entire system lock up for
> seconds at a time as it runs some really expensive loop to verify
> something, I think it may have been VM data structures.  Even on a
> faster chip such as imx6 this could cause problems like sdcard timeouts,
> as well as making a 2 hour compile take 7 hours.
>
> -- Ian

I agree with Ian, please do not use DIAGNOSTICS option. I'm sorry that I
wanted you to set it. Michal recently told me that he had same experience
like Ian has described here. Anyhow, if DIAGNOSTICS is enabled, there is a
possibility to avoid the memory check by setting sysctl debug.vmem_check=0.

Svata